At this time, we launched The Forrester Wave™: Unified Endpoint Administration, This autumn 2021. That is the third yr we’ve printed our unified endpoint administration (UEM) Forrester Wave (see our previous reviews from 2018 and 2019), and this yr, we seemed on the prime 11 distributors out there and evaluated them throughout 24 standards. Organizations seeking to enhance worker expertise (EX) and simplify system administration can use UEM to unravel lots of the conventional challenges related to system administration, reminiscent of OS range, legacy app distribution, a number of passwords, and focused cellular and PC assaults. Whereas the foundations of UEM haven’t modified a lot since our final analysis, we discovered that UEM suppliers are increasing the worth of their options with new use circumstances, by means of both natural growth or integration with companions. Particularly, the 2021 UEM Forrester Wave yielded three essential areas of integration:
- Endpoint safety. Many distributors within the area are actually absolutely integrating endpoint detection and response capabilities into their UEM platforms, driving enhanced cooperation between IT operations and safety groups.
- Finish consumer expertise administration. The top consumer expertise administration market stays a separate market from UEM, however a number of distributors on this analysis launched new performance to measure, monitor, and constantly enhance the expertise of staff utilizing telemetry information.
- Enterprise service administration. Clients more and more anticipate tight integration between service administration platforms and endpoint administration, enabling admins to execute remediation (e.g., patches) straight from service administration platforms and vice versa.
There are three Leaders in immediately’s market: VMware, Microsoft, and Ivanti. This yr, our analysis targeted closely on how respective UEM Leaders assist IT admins higher help a distant and hybrid workforce, a key enterprise precedence going into 2022. We discovered that Leaders do that by enabling operations groups to:
- Speed up the transition to fashionable PC administration, enabling higher patching for distant endpoints.
- Monitor end-user expertise by means of analytics that monitor the expertise of staff in numerous areas.
- Automate key areas of the PC lifecycle, enabling a smoother onboarding expertise for workers, notably for distant staff.
- Troubleshoot and remotely management each conventional laptops and cellular gadgets.
- Embrace steady authentication mechanisms designed to guard information wherever it resides.
One other 5 distributors — IBM, ManageEngine, Citrix, Matrix42, and Sophos — are Robust Performers; HCL Software program, BlackBerry, and baramundi software program are Contenders.
If you wish to benchmark your present UEM in opposition to the suppliers in our Forrester Wave or are searching for a brand new supplier, this Forrester Wave is the very best start line for you. Your standards might differ, so we suggest that you simply transcend the Forrester Wave graphic and:
- Obtain the Excel sheet related to the graphic.
- View the detailed evaluations within the scoring information.
- Adapt the standards weightings to suit your wants so you may see personalized rankings of the suppliers.
For extra info, Forrester purchasers might request an inquiry with Andrew Hewitt and Will McKeon-White.